"Firehouse" chicken and rice
I got this recipe from my husband after someone at the firestation accidentally put chicken noodle soup instead of cream of chicken in chicken and rice. Turned out great!
You'll need:
4 chicken breasts
4 servings of rice ( I like to use brown)
1 can chicken noodle soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of water
1 jar of mushrooms
1 onion
cook rice as directed then spread in a 9x13 baking pan, layer chicken over rice and season as desired, pour soups and water over chicken, slice onion and lay over soups and chicken, sprinkle mushrooms on top. Cook @ 400 degrees for one hour. ( I will not include a picture because although it is absolutely delicious...it is not all that pretty.) Enjoy!
Now for dessert...
Creamsicle Cake...YUM!!!
You will need:
1 box yellow cake mix (I use the reduced sugar one by Betty Crocker for less calories)
1 can diet orange soda
1 box cool whip ( I use Kroger brand Fat Free)
1 small box orange jello mix (once again, I use FF and Sugar Free)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
Mix cake mix with orange soda and spread in pan, cook according to box directions.
Allow to cool completely.
Mix cool whip with orange jello to make icing.
Ice cake with Cool Whip mix.
Enjoy! It is delish!
* Be sure and refrigerate cake after icing. It is so much better cold!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yum!!!!!!!! that sounds awesome!!!!
Post a Comment