Friday, June 19, 2009

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...



Well, this week has certainly not gone as planned, but it has been a good week none the less. We were supposed to be at VBS all week, but lets just say Wyatt has had an "upset stomach." I didn't figure the nursery workers were up for changing diapers every 5 minutes! He has some back teeth coming in and think that is the culprit. OUCH!

So, Tuesday morning we took Wyatt to the doctor and of course he was fine while we were there. We got the normal "just watch him and let us know if he gets any worse." So, on with our week. We have walked about 2.5 miles every morning with lots of water and our spray bottle fan which I highly recommend if you are going to be out in the heat at all! Baker loves it.






Baker is in charge of the "sprayer,sprayer" as he calls it.


We also played outside every day either in the kids' pool, the sprinkler, or the slip and slide! This previous post showed lots of pics of that.


This is Baker either before church on Wednesday night or after...don't remember which.



Does anyone know how hard it is to get a 3 yr old and a 17 month old to stand next to each other and look at the camera at the same time.
I was trying to get a good picture of them to send to my dad in his Father's Day card. This is as good as it gets dad!



Speaking of my dad...here is the two of us many moons ago. Happy Father's day dad!

(maybe more on that later)
Now on to other things....

Lately, I have become really fond of the Chili's chicken fajita pita... This is the Chili's menu description.
"Fajita-marinated steak or chicken, grilled bell peppers, onions, lettuce and ancho-chile ranch dressing wrapped in a pita"
Yummm!

...so I thought I would try my hand at it (minus the dressing...I'll add that next time).





turned out well, but really, really messy!


Then I was supposed to work last night (3-11), but after many, many phone calls and texts to my wonderful co-workers, I finally found someone to work for me so that I could go and do this...


An early Father's day celebration at my sister-law's house complete with swimming, steaks, and dessert.



Wyatt spent most of his time outside of the pool, but did warm up to the water and play on the steps about the time we were ready to get out.



This is Pop (Doug's dad and Wyatt's very favorite person). Happy Father's Day Pop!



This is my little water duck!



Wyatt, and no I did not give him a tattoo.. he rubbed up against the tail pipe of my truck with his right arm. Didn't even cry!



This is aunt Lori caught off guard by the camera. Thanks for hosting us last night! We had a really good time.




And then....we came home. Everyone was in bed by 9:30. Even mommy and daddy! About 11:40, I hear "MOMMY" coming from across the house. I jump up and find Baker in the potty. He has never gotten up in the middle of the night to go potty. As I reached over to touch him, I realized he was on fire with fever and he was complaining his neck hurt. We check his temperature....102.3! So, we had Motrin, a drink, and I layed down with him until he was back asleep. Checked on him several times throughout the night just to make sure the fever was broken. This picture is from this morning. The first thing he said to me was "I want something to drink...fever is 102.6! More Motrin and on the couch to watch toons.







And this is Wyatt very upset that he is not the center of attention this morning!



I know.. a lot of information in one post, but I gotta get it in when I can!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

















1 comment:

The Tolberts said...

awe hope baker feels better soon!!!!