Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dinner and a show

So, every time I ask Baker what he wants to eat...he always says "hamburger and potato salad." I found a pampered chef recipe for mini cheeseburgers that turned out to be perfect and yummy!

You'll need...


1 medium finely chopped onion


1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley


2 garlic cloves, pressed (I used minced garlic)


1 1/2 lbs ground chuck


1 tsp salt


6 slices American cheese


8 hot dog buns


dill pickle slices




1. preheat oven to 450


2. finely chop onion and parsley (I have a little food processor I use), add garlic

3. mix with ground chuck (I use a potato masher to mix mine all together)


4. spread out on a large cookie sheet (the meat will shrink so make sure it is spread evenly)


While it bakes, cut each piece of cheese into 4 quarters. Then cut each hot dog bun into 3 pieces with a top and bottom. Once meat is cooked, cut into 24 squares (use a pizza cutter to make it easy). Place once slice of cheese and one pickle on each burger. place the bun top side down with the bottom of the bun on top of it on each burger. cover with foil and place back in oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Then, enjoy!




After our yummy dinner, I put Wyatt to bed because he was fit to be tied. Baker was about to go to bed when someone started shooting fireworks outside. People shoot off fireworks all the time out here in T-county. There was no way Baker was going to bed while all that excitment was going on outside, so we went outside to watch in our jammies. (Much better in person)

No comments: