Monday, May 10, 2010

not sure how much more I can handle...

The past few days have truly been a test. Didn't sleep Thursday night because I was so nervous about Baker's surgery. Very trying day on Friday putting my child in someone else's hands. Even less sleep Friday night in the hospital with Baker. Saturday wasn't so bad. Woke up by Baker on Sunday morning at 0520. He was crying in pain and had wet the bed. Got that under control. changed his pajamas, gave him pain medicine. Then off to work without a shower...oh and did I mention it was mother's day. Needless to say, none of us wanted to be at work on mother's day. It seemed like everyone's husband and children came to see them at work except mine. Oh, well. Then I finally got to come home and my house is absolutely a wreck. Did I mention it's Mother's Day? Great.
So, today Baker wakes up after wetting his bed again! I'm thinking his pain medication and the amount of fluids we are pushing down him are having something to do with that. Changed his sheets. Started the coffee and trying to figure out what to do first in the house. Gotta go to town to get Baker's pain medication because he's out. By the way it's raining cats and dogs outside. Baker is extra whiney and clingy due to feeling bad. Lunch with mom while yelling at children. They both fall asleep on the way home. Hallelujah! Then I wake them up while trying to take them inside to lay them down. Really!! Baker hits Wyatt in the nose somehow with the back door. He now has a bloody nose. Wonderful! I hear Wyatt rustling around in the bathroom. Go to check...poop everywhere! He has pooped in his diaper and decided to take his diaper off and put it in the potty "all by myself." So, clean him up...clean up the bathroom...clean up the carpet. Did I mention the house is still a wreck? I think I may lose it soon. I'll forward you my address from the looney bin.

No comments: