Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Great recipe!

I am not a big meat eater nor am I a fan of the word "meatloaf," however, this recipe is yummy!!! In order to give credit where credit is due...I got it from here.



Cheesy salsa Meatloaves



you need:

1 lb ground beef

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

1 egg

12 saltine crackers finely crushed

1 1/2 cups mexican style finely shredded cheese (divided)

1 cup salsa



heat oven to 400 degrees

mix 1st four ingredients with 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup salsa

press evenly into 12 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray

use back of spoon to make indentations in center of each

bake 20-25 min until meatloaves are done

top with remaining cheese and salsa

bake 3 more min until cheese is melted

Enjoy! Yummm!!



*I double this recipe and do not put the salsa on top. I use fat free or low fat where it is available and I also do not do exact measurements. My husband and kids LOVE it.
*Serve with fresh summer veggies from the garden...cauliflower mashed potatoes, steamed squash and onions...oh, and sweet tea!

No comments: