Tuesday, August 4, 2009

the flower bed and the garden

Doug and I have been working really hard on the flower beds lately. I've found LOTS of plants on clearance at Walmart and the Nursery down the street. So excited. We put down mulch yesterday. It looks wonderful! Thought you should see it too!


Lantana
My knockout rose bushes

Zinnia


The finished product!
Once everything gets a little bigger, all the spaces will fill in.



Our garden is going crazy this year. We have more cucumber and squash than we know what to do with. We've had steamed squash with onion, fried squash, squash casserole.....
However, my tomatoes don't seem to want to make. The plant is pretty and green with lots of blooms, but no tomatoes!

excuse Doug's feet!








1 comment:

Whitney T. Daniel said...

Your flower beds look great! I love lantana and the best part is it comes back every year! See you this saturday! I am working!