Soooo....It's been forever since I last posted but I figured with all that's going on with Miss Julia I would give it a whirl!
First of all...this is Julia!

She was born January 16, 2011. Two days before her big brother's 3rd birthday. She has been a beautiful, wonderful, tiny little blessing since the day she was born.
When she was 9 months old we found out she was profoundly deaf in both ears. A huge shock to the parents of 2 healthy boys who only suffer from selective hearing. She received hearing aids and has been wearing them since November with no significant increase in hearing ability. She still only hears at around 55-60 decibels (not enough for every life or general converstation). Last Friday, we saw the neurotologist and set a surgery date for cochlear implants. On Monday, April 23, 2012 my baby girl will begin her journey to a whole new world of sound.

No comments:
Post a Comment